Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Monday, October 02, 2006

Displacement Activities!

Now, on top of everything else, I'm sick. It's more than a cold but probably not as bad as flu - but I'm prepared to debate that with you! Since Saturday I've spent considerably more hours asleep than awake.

My poor book!

Fortified with lempsip I've now done my blog for the Pink Heart Society ready for tomorrow. And I've gone on a wander of other people's blogs and discovered Kate Hardy and I have much in common. I, too, appear to be a sunrise.
You Are Sunrise

You enjoy living a slow, fulfilling life. You enjoy living every moment, no matter how ordinary.
You are a person of reflection and meditation. You start and end every day by looking inward.
Caring and giving, you enjoy making people happy. You're often cooking for friends or buying them gifts.
All in all, you know how to love life for what it is - not for how it should be.
I've also discovered we're right in the middle of British Food Fortnight. Rather depressingly I now know the ten most dangerous foods when it comes to my waist line and since I'm in a sharing mood ...
. Chips - have high level of trans fats
. Chocolate
. Pizza
. White Bread - which is bleached, aged with chlorine dioxide and then whitened by chalk. Really must tell my children that!
. Cola
. Sweets
. Coffee - which, among many sins, contributions to cellulite.
. Ice Cream
. Hot Dog - high in salt and preservatives
. Cheese

Then to cheer myself up I wandered through the winning entries of a National Trust competition to find the ugliest vegetable in England. I'm pleased to announce my own county of Bedfordshire came away with the top prize.

In case you're in any doubt, it's a parsnip. The competition was designed to encourage people to grow their own veg and challenge the cosmetically perfect examples we find in supermarkets. I'm all for that BUT ... How exactly would you prepare a parsnip that looks like something from the deep?

Now, wish me luck, I'm going to see if my befuddled brain is capable of writing anything sensible!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 am, Blogger Jopee said…

    LOL Natasha! Apparently, I am sunshine as well and my hubby is laughing his whatsits out over here *g*

    That is indeed one scary parsnip! I've got a preggy pepper on my blog :p

    Hope you get better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home