Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

No day is all bad!

It's been a troublesome day - mainly due to the fact my car has broken down. It managed the trip to school but didn't make it home again. It is simply dead. Engine not even turning over.

Of course, everyone has had a suggestion to make. I've *very* politely answered those who thought I might have run out of petrol. I've opened the bonnet and looked at the dirty inner workings I do not understand in the company of others who don't understand them either. I've 'rocked' it with the people who clearly think it's the car equivalent of smacking the computer screen.

But, no ... It's still dead.

So, I've left it there. I've decided it's a problem which cannot be faced without a coffee inside me. I'll let you know how it goes but I'm not holding out a great deal of hope for its survival. There's a reason Jemima's car broke down in 'Accepting the Boss's Proposal'. *VBG*

And here's the good news ....


Here's a peak at the NA cover for my February 07 'Romance' book. It's another important month for 'Romance' because it's the first fully merged month. (The very last Silhouette Romances are released in January.)

My book in the line-up is 'Crowned: An Ordinary Girl' and, as you probably can guess, is a royal story. And, although it's a bit difficult to see clearly, I think I like the cover!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:29 pm, Blogger Susan Rix said…

    Hugs on the car probs. My most memorable 'breakdown' happened to me years ago in rural East Anglia when I was on my way to playgroup to collect my son - I ended up hijacking the postman to get me there!!

    The cover of your Feb '07 release looks good.

    I'm also looking forward to reading Accepting the Boss's Proposal which is working its way to the top of my to-be-read pile.

    I hope you get your car probs sorted without too much stress.

    Sue :-)

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Blogger Romance, Rumours and Rogues said…

    Bad car! Car probs are such a pain.

    I love the cover! Has a real romantic, fairytale feel to it.

     
  • At 6:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ouch on the car - hope you get the result you want.

    And a nice cover, too.

     
  • At 5:27 pm, Blogger Fiona Harper said…

    The new Romance covers are really gorgeous aren't they?

     
  • At 2:57 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Naughty car, Natasha!!! Hubby lokced the keys in ihs car last night. And can't find spare. Duffer.

    Looooove the cover. How romantic!!!!!!!!

    Ally

     
  • At 6:26 pm, Anonymous Data Cabling Nampa said…

    Thanks for the poost

     

Post a Comment

<< Home