Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Off to Richmond

I managed to find Trish Wylie at the airport - and even managed to find my way home again which was perhaps even more of an achievement.

At this precise moment she's being serenaded by assorted children doing their music practise. And all at an hour Trish doesn't usually see except as part of her 'writing' day. *vbg*

Today is going to be fun. We're off to Richmond to have lunch with Jenny Hutton, who is our mutual editor. Apart from the fact that Jenny is always good company it's a really fantastic opportunity to talk about what we want to do over the next year.And, on the way home, Trish and I are going to see 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' at the Haymarket.

I'm so looking forward to it!

For those of you who are in the UK, NOW is the time to pick up your copy of 'Womans Weekly'. On page 25 you'll find the M&B competition. You've got to write a 1500
short story, suitable for the new Mills & Boon 'Romance' series and Woman's Weekly. The closing date is 30th November - so there's plenty of time!

First prize:
Dell laptop
Your story published in Woman's Weekly and on-line at www.millsandboon.co.uk
12 month subscription to the 'Romance' series
Consultation with a M&B editor

Have a lovely day

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 pm, Blogger Susan Rix said…

    I LOVE musicals. I hope you've both had a fantastic day!

    I'm glad you're keeping Trish busy (and unable to post Pt. 5 of the workshop) because I confess my wip has come to a stand still since I heard about the M&B competition. I thought a 50,000 word novel was hard enough, but my goodness, a 1,500 word short story is even tougher!

    Sue :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home