Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Friday, January 19, 2007

One blowy day ...

'Blowy' being a euphamism for downright windy, you understand. I was sitting in a friend's kitchen having coffee yesterday (and, yes, I know I should have been writing and if anyone tells my editor I was there ....) when their next door neighbour's trampoline blew over the fence and ended up in one of their trees. All very exciting!

Meanwhile, on the book front it's slow going. I can almost hear Trish's voice in my head saying 'you do like to dig yourself a hole don't you!'. I've made the hero of my current WIP an auctioneer. Only that does kind of mean he needs to be more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to antiques. I've just wasted the longest time trying to date an Aynsley tea service. It's one sentance but I know if I get it wrong some sharp eyed person will email me to tell me I got it wrong! :)

The other great quandry of the day is trying to decide what dessert I shall make for the Burns Night Supper I'm going to next week. Any ideas? Do you think anyone else will bring Cranachan to follow on from the Haggis, bashed neeps and chappit tatties?

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL to the trampoline!!! Did you see that clip on the news of the plane taking off??? Enough to make you never fly again... I won't type what I said...

    And as to the hole digging... well... YOU DO!!! But then we all do at one time or another, right???

    Oh and CONGRATS for making the Amazon.com bestsellers list for HR with your royal book a MONTH before it comes out!!!! Coooolllll....

     
  • At 9:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now, can you please translate into English what Cranachan, bashed neeps and chappit tatties are? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home