Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Diets and Distractions


















Today is weigh-in day - and, under the terms of the Pink Heart Society Diet plan, I'm duly pledged to report my progress. Week 1, having not cheated at all (but done no exercise) I've lost 7lb. I have no top tip to share because I've not got the hang of it all and have been hungry pretty much all of the time.

It's led me to wonder whether we ought to redefine the aims of the Pink Heart Society. Maybe we should not confine ourselves to raising the appreciation of category fiction but also launch an international initiative for more curvaceous women??? Then we could all give up and curl up with a nice box of chocolates and a good book .... Just a thought!!!

It's my turn to write the Male on Monday blog for the Pink Heart Society (will be in situ in about 5 hours) and I've decided to initiate English actor Richard Armitage into our hall of inspirational men. As ever I've been left with 'spare' pictures which I duly share with you all.










It's such a tough job, but someone has to do it!

Now I have to stop playing and get on with writing my book. I've reached a tricky bit where I can't quite decide which way to take it - and I have a very interesting secondary character who needs slapping into shape. Oh the problems that beset one!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done on your first weigh-in. Keep going!

    Excellent choice of hero - he was mine for Breakfast at Giovanni's and he's also the hero for my current Med. I have a very nice pic so I'll forward it to you :o)

     
  • At 12:07 pm, Blogger Phillipa said…

    Hi Natasha

    Your RA post on PHS and here has started a 'flaming hot' thread (in the nicest sense of the word) at my fave cyber hang-out, C19. We all discuss period dramas, literature, RA, N&S and um..hot guys. Oh and we visit places like Chawton, N&S and P&P locations and drink tea while drooling over Richard, Rupert Penry Jones, Colin Firth etc. I hear that the man himself drops by there occasionally so watch out.

     
  • At 12:17 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    LOL, Phillipa. We've been watching the stats (hugely up) and loads have been coming to PHS from your C19. Sounds like a fun place to visit! And if I were RA I wouldn't be able to resist the odd peak, would you???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home