Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Monday, January 15, 2007

Miss Potter & Nice News!

'Miss Potter' was so much better than I expected. Knowing a little bit about the life of Beatrix Potter I really wasn't that keen. Remember I'm the girl that really, really likes happy endings. I knew the 'love of her life died' and that, although she did eventually marry someone else, she wore his ring until her own death. For someone as hopeless as me it wasn't encouraging was it!

Even though I did cry a little, the movie is charming. I also think Lloyd Owen isn't a bad consolation spouse. Here in the UK we know him as the Laird of Glenbogle from a long running Sunday night series called the 'Monarch of the Glen'. If there were more photos of him on the web I might be tempted to initiate him into the Pink Heart Society roll call of inspiration males! It's something in the smile I think ....

The lovely Barbara Hannay has just emailed me to say she'd noticed my 'A Family to Belong To' is listed in the interim votes at All About Romance in the 'Best Category' section. It's always a fabulous feeling when you hear someone has read and loved your book. It's certainly put a smile on my face this morning!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just received my copy of Crowned, An Ordinary Girl, today. So I might start reading that tonight. I consider it 'safe' because it's not a medical, (which I write), so shouldn't influence me whilst I'm trying to come up with a good opening to my new book. It's funny, I normally get the openings first, but in the last book, and this one, I have the end scene in my head. Just gotta figure out how to get them there!
    Glad you enjoyed Miss Potter. I've heard a lot of good reports about it.

     
  • At 7:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done, Natasha! That is one of my all time favourite books and I'm so pleased for you! I'm off to vote now!

    Julie

     
  • At 10:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats Natasha :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home