Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!



Personally speaking, I'm thrilled to see the back of 2006. Though I'm not entirely sure the next few months are going to be particularly great. My lovely mum, who is being treated for Ovarian cancer, had to be admitted into hospital between Christmas and New year. She came home again today but has to go back for another dose of chemo on the 3rd. Just not nice, is it.

I do seem to be somewhat surrounded by cancer patients at the moment. Nigella Lawson who lost her first husband, her mum and a sister to cancer was quoted as saying she felt like 'Typhoid Mary' (the first person in the United States to be identified as a healthy carrier of typhoid fever). I know exactly what she meant!

So, spurred on by fellow Pink Heart editors Trish and Jenna, I've decided to take control of what I can. Tomorrow, on the Pink Heart Society blog we're launching No Temptation Tuesday - which is all about tackling the difficult issue of 'writers' bottom'. No one warns you of that when you start writing, do they?

I began today. I'm now a fully paid up member of Weight Watchers - and I've managed beautifully. I did think I was going to run into terrible difficulties because I found their site complicated. In about half an hour I'm going to watch the final ever episode of 'Vicar of Dibley' and want a glass of wine - but could I find what Weight Watchers considers a medium glass to be? Could I heck! I did wonder whether that was a cunning plan on their part. If I hadn't been avoiding the loading of the dishwasher at the time I may well have decided I didn't want one badly enough. :) Only it's 2 points - so all is well.

I'm also giving excercise a go - and that's quite amazing because it's really almost against my religion I'm so passionate in my hatred of it. I've bought the DVD - this one - and have watched it all through with a nice cup of coffee. Tomorrow I'm going to buy the trainers ....

3 Comments:

  • At 2:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you enjoyed the last Vicar of Dibley. How swoon-worthy is Richard Armitage?!!!! I'd marry him anyday. Hope he's ready to take on four kids...

     
  • At 3:59 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    I did enjoy it. And, funnily enough, I've just written my next Male on Monday slot for the Pink Heart Society and guess who've I chosen!! If Richard picks me he gets five kids - think you might have the advantage ....

     
  • At 6:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fabulous! Can't wait for that, then! I've just added his pics to my screensaver slideshow. Problem is, I don't get any work done waiting for him to appear!

    Happy New Year, Natasha. I really hope this year is better for you and your family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home