Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Friday, January 05, 2007

Website

I'm becoming fixated about chocolate biscuits. Not a good sign since it's still only Day 5 of my Weight Watchers experience. What an excellent thing I'm so competitive and cannot give up since I've pledged to blog my progress to the Pink Heart Society on the first Tuesday of February. (Trish is doing *very* well, btw.) To make matters worse I've got a 'Twelfth Night' party to go to tonight - can you imagine the temptation I'll be faced with there ...


Apart from my fixation with unhealthy food groups, I'm now able to report I've finally updated my website. Or, if I'm more honest, Kim at WaxCreative has done the deed.

Owing to all the health problems in my family I've been so very bad at getting anything organised to send them and they've been really lovely. It's not quite as 'finished' as they'd like it but you can at least find an excerpt from my February 'Romance' - 'Crowned: An Ordinary Girl'.

I've taken it straight from the beginning because, personally, that's what I like to read on other people's websites. I'd love to know what you think about that. Maybe everyone else prefers a tender moment or real cliff hanging ending???

3 Comments:

  • At 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah yes, I have seen Trish's ticker. However, it is slow and steady.

    I always put excerpts from the beginning because I figure if you can't hook the reader at the beginning when can you hook them?

    Chocolate is another group entirely.

     
  • At 3:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think excerpts from the beginning are best. I agree with both you and Michelle.
    Regarding chocolate, (if you are allowed any!) stick it in the freezer. It makes it harder to eat and one bar lasts longer.

    ....apparently.

     
  • At 7:02 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    oooh, freezing chocolate sounds like a good plan! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home