Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Forgive me father ...

for I have sinned!

Quite a bit, actually. It's been a difficult day and I've eaten too many chocolate biscuits.

There just are not enough hours in the day to do everything that has to be done. Anyone else feel like they're running fast in order to stay still???

And I've discovered I find it very difficult to write when my mind is so full of other things. My poor mum went for another scan today. Since she's very sick from the chemo the hour drive to and from the hospital was particularly gruelling. It's hard to watch someone you love having such a dreadful time of it.

Aside from that there's the usual 'family' stuff - homework/clubs/music practise/cooking/cleaning/washing .. and the dreaded tax return. They've just started doing those adverts on tv saying that 'tax doesn't have to be taxing' (huh) and reminding everyone that if you don't do your self assessment return by the end of the month it's a £100 fine. Just what I need right now!

Somewhere I've got to fit in writing. My current book is crawling along at an alarmingly slow pace - and that has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel about the story. I'm going to have to make a late night of it tonight but I could honestly 'sleep for England'.

But all is not lost. My husband has just come in for my 'expenses' file and says he's going to make a start. Excellent! That's one of the reasons why I married him. That and spiders in the bath .... :)

3 Comments:

  • At 6:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel like you, Natasha. There not being enough time (or enough pairs of hands) to get things done.
    My dad collapsed yesterday and I wanted to drive to Nottm to be with him but I couldn't. My own hubby is off work with a chronic back problem and I couldn't leave him with our four kids. I feel torn between what I want to do and what I NEED to do. My writing took a back seat completely yesterday.
    Don;t feel bad about succumbing to chocolate biccies. Stress has an awful lot to answer for...

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hugs to you both (( ))

    That frazzled pic is sooo accurate of hardworking mums!

    And chocolate is the only remedy that works, trust me!!

     
  • At 1:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ditto on the hugs to you both! NEver say never is important Natasha. If you say "never will I eat a chocolate biscuit" then that's all you can think about. (Says she with a pile of M&Ms in front of her) You're doing super well as is!

    Hope your Mum is feeling muuuuch better and soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home