Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Sunday, August 27, 2006

I'm home!

And Arundel was as lovely as ever.

I did, of course, buy too many books and consume too many cakes at Belinda's. My personal preference is for the toasted teacake oozing with melted butter.










I've also returned home very pleased with the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk - who own and live in Arundel Castle. Their family ticket is for 2 adults and 5 children. Bliss! I can't tell you how rare that is!!

Apparently this is all down to the fact that the Duke and Duchess have, themselves, five children and thought they should stretch their family ticket. Moreover, we were treated as persons of interest as every ticket collector and tour guide showed us pictures of the Duke and his family. Offspring number 3 was inclined to think their children are spoilt because they own quad bikes. Still, excellent opportunity to talk about attitudes to money ...










Now I'm home ...

Sitting on my mat was the print-out of my mothers' day novella - all beautiful and shiny now my spelling and punctuation has been sorted out. I must get on with reading that. It's my last chance to change anything.

And, of course, the diet. I've not started yet. We're so close to September it doesn't quite seem worth starting 'til then. Don't you think?

Trouble is, I know it has to be not so much of a diet as a change of lifestyle. Vanity aside, both my mum and aunt are diabetic so I'm something of a ticking time bomb.

1st September it is! I shall begin the 'new and improved' lifestyle as a celebration of the Pink Heart Society blog launch. Don't forget to join us!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:20 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Welcome back Natasha!!! So glad you had such a lovely time.

    Jealous, moi?


    Ally

     
  • At 6:34 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Welcome back, Natasha. It's years since I've been to Arundel -- when my own anklebiters were shorter than me instead of a foot taller -- and it is so beautiful. We saw HMS Victory, too, and watched the archeologists diving on the Mary Rose ... well, I did say it was a long time ago!

    Good luck with the diet. We have had six months of abstinence from "bad" stuff. Not torture, just a change of lifestyle -- and no fish and chips on days when I've written myself to a standstill. Organisation is the key -- should be a cinch for the mother of five children. :)

    Enjoy your page proofs -- I love those.

     
  • At 10:50 am, Blogger Romance, Rumours and Rogues said…

    Sounds like you had a marvellous time, Natasha.
    'Belinda's' looks and sounds divine (particularly the toasted teacake...mmm...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home