Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm off on holiday

And I can't wait!

Always assuming I manage to get there, of course. I'm driving - and I'm hopeless. I've just printed off a very complicated set of instructions and I'm going to sit my daughter in the passenger seat and blame her if we get lost. After all, why else do we have children????

And this is where I'm heading.









Arundel in the English county of Sussex.

If ever I have the kind of money that would let me have a second home I'd be tempted to buy one there. I intend to spend far too much money in the second hand bookshop and eat beautiful cakes in 'Belinda's' tea shop.

Then I shall come home and diet. This is very important! You mustn't let me forget. I'll only have a month to try and get myself into some kind of shape before I have to meet up with Nic and Trish in person. I'm a comfort eater - and life has been tough. Is tough - so, perhaps this isn't the best time ...? Perhaps?

If I come up with any better excuses I'll let you know when I get back.

Otherwise I'm about to embark on my second ever diet. The first was after my fifth child was born and was very successful. Since then I've put on .. 4 stone and most of that has been since selling my first book. Can't believe it. I'm now heavier than I was when I was pregnant (and I put on 3 stone a baby)! And every time I come on here I see a picture of myself looking thin ... (And a decade younger - but let's not be cruel.) Very, very depressing.

While I'm gone please give some thought as to what you'd like to see on the new Pink Heart Society blog which is launching on 1st September. Can't believe it's so close. I think Trish, Nic, Ally and I have had some great ideas and it should be really good fun.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:48 pm, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Have a lovely time, Natasha. Maybe we should team up with the diet -- same reason!

     
  • At 6:22 pm, Blogger Fiona Harper said…

    I'm hopping on board with the diet, too. Same reason.

     
  • At 3:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a good time. Arundel is a really nice place. Only been there to see the castle but could see it was a quiet place to be.

    I don't believe in diets. I think the best way someone can lose weight properly is to eat sensibly the right foods that keep your energy going (low sugar foods) combined with sensible exercise. Good luck anyway.

     
  • At 10:22 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    Alright.... How long IS this holiday EXACTLY?????????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home