Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Thursday, April 17, 2008

OMG!

I am having THE most brilliant 2008.

'Crowned: An Ordinary Girl' has just finalled in the National Readers' Choice Awards. The winner will be announced at a reception on Thursday evening of the RWA National Conference - which, of course, I'll be missing. It seemed like such a good plan to take the children to the Dordogne this year but I'm experiencing a pang of regret I didn't decide to do the conference instead. What a truly bad mother I am! Or, maybe, I'm a good one because despite the massive temptation I'm still resisting ...?

I have, quite literally, just finished reading 'Crowned'. Twenty-five minutes ago as it happens. I don't usually re-read my books btw but I've decided to give Prince Seb's younger sister a happy ever after and I needed to check what I've already said about her. Actually not so very much, which has surprised me since she is so vivid in my head.

The only things I find I'm committed to is that Isabelle would have been 13 when her father died (assuming I've done my sums right), she's the youngest of three children, she's got a reputation as Andovaria's wild child and was twenty-two when Seb married Marianne. That gives me a lots of lovely choices.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:30 pm, Blogger Janet Ch said…

    Hi Natasha,

    Just been reading back through your earlier posts. What will you be doing at The Lincoln Literary Festival? Reading excerpts from your books? Talking about writing? Answering questions? All of those? None of those?
    And will it be a big audience or a smaller workshop atmosphere?

     
  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    All of the above! Though I shall avoid doing a reading unless forced. :) Don't mind reading something of Trish's or the two Kates who are on the panel with me though.

    As to whether it'll be a big audience that will all depend on how many people buy tickets.

     
  • At 6:08 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    Hooray for you!!! What a totally brill year you are having -- award wise that is...
    It just goes to show what a star you are!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home