Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Monday, March 24, 2008

I know I shouldn't say this, but ....

I like good reviews.

I really like them from the Romantic Times Magazine because I don't have to do a single thing to get them. :) They review, as a matter of course, every romantic novel which is released in the States.


What's particularly lovely about this one is that 'Wanted: White Wedding' was the book I was writing when my lovely mum was first diagnosed with terminal cancer. I tried writing it while I was sat in hospital waiting rooms surrounded by the smell of anticeptic. Eventually every time I opened the darn document all I could feel was a churning sick feeling. So, I took a deep breath and deleted the lot and started again. I was only allowed to write curled up on the sofa with a glass of red wine within touching distance.

So, a hard book.

It's out in NA and the UK in May so there's plenty of time to tell you more about it - but here's the review:

Back in her hometown to visit her grandmother, dotcom millionaire Freya Anthony remembers quickly just why she left. She's still the target of vicious gossip because of her slightly wild past, but that doesn't seem to worry widowed auctioneer Daniel Ramsay. After a rocky start, Freya and Daniel become friends, then lovers--and even his rebellious daughter, Mia, warms to her. But Freya's wealth is a problem. Once Daniel learns about it, he wonders what he can possibly offer her. Natasha Oakley's Wanted: White Wedding (4.5) has its share of deeply touching moments, but what makes it stand out are the humor and the wonderful characters.

—Catherine Witmer


Lovely, isn't it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home