Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

WOW!

Guess what happened to me today???

There was I feeling slightly smug because I've just sold my version of 'El Sodh' - a phrase coined by the wonderful Sophie Weston for a sheikh book that is more than usually tricky to write - when the phone rang.

'The Tycoon's Princess Bride' has finalled for a RITA in the Contemporary Series category. How brilliant is that!

What's more I so nearly didn't enter. Remember the truly horrendous year I've had? Well, during all of that I allowed my RWA membership to lapse without realising. So I had to enter at the non-member rate at the last possible minute.

Besides which, I'd decided not to do competitions this year.

Now I'm busy wondering whether I really *ought* to make the trip to the RWA conference. It's not that I don't want to it's just that it's kinda the wrong side of the States for me. :)

Apparently this kind of good news comes at a cost. There was I ready to celebrate. I'd even decided to stuff the diet when Trish says I've got to blog - and went on saying it.

I discovered long since there's no point fighting.

'The Tycoon's Princess Bride' is book 4 of a fabulous continuity I was asked to write for. The premise was fun:

The Mediterranean island of Niroli has prospered for centuries under the Fierezza men. But now, as the King’s health declines, and his 2 sons have been tragically killed, the crown is in jeopardy. Who will rule?


In practise writing it felt a little like being given a jigsaw puzzle with no picture guide.

My hero - Domenic Vincini, a man scarred inside and out.
My heroine - Isabella Fierezza, beautiful and keen to promote tourism on Niroli.

That was it. And off I went.

Carol Marinelli and I became friends through it. She's a real sweetheart and I borrowed her Luca and loaned her my Isabella.

All eight books of the series are still available.

Book 1: The Future King's Pregnant Mistress - Penny Jordan
Book 2: Surgeon Prince ... Ordinary Wife - Melanie Milburne
Book 3: Bought By the Billionaire Prince - Carol Marinelli
Book 4: The Tycoon's Princess Bride - Natasha Oakley
Book 5: Expecting His Royal Baby - Susan Stephens
Book 6: the Prince's Forbidden Virgin - Robyn Donald
Book 7: Bride By Royal Apointment - Raye Morgan
Book 8: A Royal Bride At The Shiekh's Command - Penny Jordan

UK and North America

Am I allowed to drink wine now???



Fun, isn't it!

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

  • At 10:41 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    CONGRATULATIONS HUN!!!!

    Shall have a glass with you! Or two... or three... ;)

     
  • At 10:42 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    Already poured! See how obedient I am. :)

     
  • At 10:54 pm, Blogger Jennifer Lewis said…

    Congrats on the Rita final, Natasha!! Celebrate like crazy :-D

    Jen

     
  • At 10:54 pm, Blogger Romance, Rumours and Rogues said…

    Absolutely brilliant news!!!
    Have been waiting patiently for you to blog about it :)
    My fave category read of 07...shouting it to the world :)

     
  • At 11:20 pm, Blogger carol marinelli said…

    Just brilliant news! So deserved. You star you!!
    Carol Marinellixxx

     
  • At 11:43 pm, Blogger Claire Baxter said…

    Congratulations, Natasha! This news is wonderful and well-deserved.

    Claire

     
  • At 1:28 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Yahoo, yippee, oh my blinkin heck what fabulous news and more noises like that!!!

    I'm soooo thrilled for you Natasha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And you MUST go to San Fran, it's the most beautiful city!!!

    Ally

     
  • At 2:31 am, Blogger Barbara Hannay said…

    Huge congrats, Natasha. I'm so looking forward to cheering for you at San Fran. I hope you can be there, too.
    Barb xx

     
  • At 4:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your lovely, lovely news Natasha.

    XXX

    Jennie

     
  • At 4:41 am, Blogger Anne McAllister said…

    Fantastic news, Natasha! So happy for you -- and hope to see you hoisting Ms RITA high in SF!

     
  • At 6:25 am, Blogger Christina Hollis said…

    Well done, Natasha, that's great news!

     
  • At 7:17 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Fabulous news, Natasha! I'm totally thrilled for you.

     
  • At 8:01 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    Absolutely fabulous news, Natasha.
    You are truly a STAR!!!!

     
  • At 8:29 am, Blogger Kate Hardy said…

    Congratulations, Natasha - so thrilled for you! Well done, you :o)

     
  • At 8:46 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations!! That is fabulous news!! I think a trip to San Francisco would be a very good idea! :-)

     
  • At 9:47 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Spectacularly great news... of course you have to go! (Well, you have to seriously look into going at least. And if you decide not to, then you can tell yourself that you've been very self-sacrificing and blow all the money you would have spent on the airfare on something extremely frivolous!)

    Huge congratulations!! xxx

     
  • At 10:41 am, Blogger Trish Morey said…

    Brilliant news! Congratulations Natasha and I hope to finally get to meet you in person in SF!

    'Twill be a blast!

     
  • At 2:50 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Kudos! I've been grinning for you since I heard!

     
  • At 3:31 pm, Blogger juliemt said…

    I'm so thrilled for you, Natasha! Keeping your fingers and toes firmly crossed for you!

     
  • At 3:49 pm, Blogger annie burrows said…

    Congrats on the award nomination!
    This was the book from the Niroli series that really stuck in my mind. the hero was heart-rendingly fab!
    luv,
    Annie b

     
  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    WOW again! Thank you all so much. This celebrating is doing my diet no good at all. ggg

    'Oh well,' she says, pouring another glass of wine.

     
  • At 7:48 am, Blogger Anna Louise Lucia said…

    Yes, you are allowed to drink wine now!

    Congratulations, Natasha, great news!

     
  • At 11:52 pm, Blogger Lynne Marshall said…

    A belated congratulations, Natasha! I'm thrilled for you, especially after your challenging year.

    What do you mean "the wrong side of the states" ? It makes it sound as if San Francisco is the wrong part of town or something. LOL.

    Come! You'll love the city by the bay.

    Lynne - smiling for you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home