Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Thursday, March 27, 2008

And today I bought a car

I'd feel a whole lot more confident if I knew what I was doing. It would be better if I had the information with which to make the decision. Post chemo my husband is still making decisions about what he wants to do next.

We seem to have spent ages discussing the two small car option, versus the naff--seven-seater-plus-small-car-children-can-learn-to-drive-in option, versus the mini-bus with sensible small car option. And then it all became clear. My dad, who has the habit of saying important things at pivotal points of my life, said, 'yes, but that's life, isn't it? Not having all the information.' And all became clear.

I've bought a Ford Galaxy. It holds all children. Will do the school run. We will struggle with holiday packing but .. hey ... it's a car and I'm not that interested anyway. And it's petrol. I know, I know .. diesel has better mileage but have you seen the price of them??? To be honest, I'd rather pay in installments.

2002. And I will run it into the ground. Now anyone who knows anyone who has ever driven one must tell me that's the right choice.

And I thought the laptop was difficult.

Meanwhile, in an effort to make this writerly, book is doing okay!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:59 pm, Blogger Janet Ch said…

    I've just noticed the updated photo. It's lovely. And I love your hairstyle

     
  • At 8:14 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hate buying cars. I always try for the cheapest because WOAH they cost a mint...Jeff goes for the most reliable because vehicle maintainance is not his bag...We have the world's largest people mover thanks to the bun in the oven. The first of many girl related expenses me thinks ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home