Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm in Hebrew - and I've been a little bit naughty

'Crowned: An Ordinary Girl' is in Hebrew. That's a new one for me. I was just about to give up trying to work out what language it was in (and, in fact, what book!) when I discovered a tiny paragraph in English. Hebrew it is!

And it's a lovely, classy looking book. Heroine on the front is ABSOLUTELY nothing like my Marianne though. I really must get a scanner! She looks like a model rather than a serious academic. Think black spiky hair hanging over one eye in a way that makes any mother reach for a hairslide, glum expression and no need of a bra. Actually, that's good because this girl hasn't got one on.

All good fun.

Distracted me just that little bit from my wip - and this is where the naughty bit comes in. I've just booked a villa in the Dordogne.



Ooops. It's so easy to 'click', isn't it???

You do want me to write a book set there, don't you?

It's a bit of a trek. On a good day it's a seven hour drive from Calais so I'm now toying with the idea of stopping off en route. Can't decide whether I should do a couple of days in the Loire or a few multi stops. Oh decisions, decisions ....

Now that all sounds very glamorous, doesn't it! Back to my own version of Sophie Weston's famous 'El Sodh'. Really, really want to get this book done and out of here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 10:06 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Can I come? :)

     
  • At 3:48 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    That'll be fine, Liz! Better bring your swimming costume as it's got a pool. Oh I feel so naughty. :)

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Romance, Rumours and Rogues said…

    You ARE naughty!!
    My research trips consist of going to Melbourne cultural precincts to eat food and you're off to Spain???
    Oooooh...I'm green ;)

    But seeing as you deserve it, I'll let you go :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home