Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Handbags at dawn

Up to now I have always taken the view that if a man doesn't come easily he really isn't mine. I have never stooped to fighting with my own sex over one. But all that is about to change. Trish Wylie is stealing my boy.

She's busy creating a new hero and would have you believe this is Luca Moretti.

Hmmmm, I don't think so.

I know my hero when I see him. That's His Highness Prince Rashid Al Baha and he's mine!

Her defence will claim the hair length makes a difference. She can have him with short hair and I can have him with long. ANYONE out there prepared to accept that???

Rashid Al Baha is fully formed. He's a smidge over 6ft 2", blue eyes, tall, dark, handsome and most at home in the wide open spaces of his desert home.

Talking of wide open spaces you might like to look in on Liz Fenwick's blog which has some great pictures of Oman on it. Lovely. Borrowing all of those for my pinboard.

He is not an Italian wafting around Ireland, whatever the hair length. At least not until I say so. :)

Oh and for those of you who want to conduct your own research on this particular hero inspiration - HE MOVES!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 8:06 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    SEE NOW you made a SERIOUS strategic mistake with THAT vid.

    Cos THAT has Modern HEAT hero written ALL-OVER-IT!!! The clues in the word HEAT.

    Sheesh.

    And THAT MAN should NEVER be put IN A DRESS!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:13 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    All I will concede is that my bedroom action is happening off the page to 'fulfil my readers expectations'. And it's not a 'dress' it's a dishdasha! Very sensible clothing for a man of the desert.

     
  • At 2:52 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Wow - he's so yummy!

     
  • At 12:25 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    Umm yes, he can move.
    I salute you both and look forward to seeing your incarnations.
    He is a man with possiblities...
    Regency rake?

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    Actually, yes! I can see him as a regency rake. That's one for you then, Michelle.

     
  • At 7:08 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    Umm yes, I thought so. He has been filed away.I think he is probably going in the single title rather than the 1830s governess one. Unfortunately, he is no Viking and I have to get that one done.

    The thing is that I KNOW you always choose good insiprational material...and he does sort of grab the imagination with the way he moves.
    I am looking forward to encountering him in his various guises...

     
  • At 6:28 pm, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Ahem... I beg to differ, ladies, but he's all mine. Sheikh Zahir al-Khatib. Published. Done and dusted. Safely married to the sweet Diana Metcalfe.

    And just wait until you see my next sheikh. And no, I won't be publishing a picture until the book is about to be published :)

     
  • At 7:13 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    LOL, Liz. But at least you made him a Sheikh!

     
  • At 5:15 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    If I had seen him in the desert I wouldn't have come back from Oman! Look forward to the book :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home