Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earthquake

That was interesting! At a little before 1am - and please note I was at my laptop working away in what we grandly call the 'music room' - the large keyboard to my right began to rock. This is where I get to look not too bright. So, I look over my shoulder to check I'm not about to be attacked. I have no idea why other than it was 1am and I'm of an imaginative disposition! Then I get up and try and steady the keyboard, but can't. Then I frown a bit. Everything appeared to be normal so I went to make a cup of coffee ....

In my defence, last night was the first earthquake I have ever noticed. Apart, that is, from the simulator at the Science Museum which I don't think counts. Apparently last night's tremors measured 5.2 on the Richter scale which makes it the biggest earthquake to hit England in 25 years. My children slept through the whole thing which leaves them feeling a little bit miffed. :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Tell them not to feel so alone. I slept through on in San Fransisco which cleared the hotel. Including the people I was traveling with who didn't think to wake me. Hmmm...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home