Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Thanks!

I've been so touched by the lovely comments and the private emails I've received since my last post. You're all very lovely!

My mum is home for a few days before being transferred to Addenbrook's Hospital in Cambridge. That's going to be a bit of a trek - particularly since my dad can't see well enough to drive now - but it is a fantastic centre for cancer treatment.

Overall, I'm just so grateful my husband is not having treatment at the same time. It makes me feel a little like Marilla in 'Anne of Green Gables' when she says something like 'nothing's perfect but then then nothing is unbearable either'.

I have to admit I've not written anything at all since I heard the news. More because of a lack of time than anything else. There's been so much to do and organise but I really need to start focussing. Bottom on seat, fingers on keyboard ...

I'm going to resist the temptation to tidy my office. Just looking at the writers' caves we posted on the Pink Heart Society blog this last Saturday makes me feel so inadequate. I'm one of those people who feel my life would be perfect if only I could get some more storage!

I have, however, sorted out all my paperwork. Bills must be paid! And guess what I found??? Here in the UK you can now buy postage stamps on the internet. It's very convenient but I'm not sure what I think about that. It can't be good for the network of post offices which are so necessary to rural communities. And it's a little sad to see the end of a tradition dating back more than 160 odd years - the Queen's head is replaced with a barcode.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:29 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    You should see Jennie Crusie's cave! even the after pictures are a blizzard of papers.

    It made me feel much better.

    Should the PHS have a page devoted to writers' caves?

    It is good that your mother is in the best place for her, but massive hugs on the journey. It is the shadowsthat you make you appreciate the light.

     
  • At 10:13 am, Blogger Fiona Lowe said…

    HUGS, Natasha.
    You and your family are in my thoughts.

     
  • At 2:55 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Hugs to your mum Natasha. And save another for yourself.

    Ally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home