Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Sunday, July 02, 2006

All change ...

I'm still in the cave, but am now writing something quite different - my first ever novella. 30,000 words that should, hopefully, end up in a Mothers' Day pack next year.

My synopsis is tight. I have my hero and heroine. I have a baby! (It's Mothers' Day, after all.) Now where do I fancy setting it???










I'm thinking Cambridge.

There's no time for indecision. I need 2,500 words a day to meet this deadline comfortably. On your marks, get set .... go!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous pic, Natasha.

    And talk about spooky - guess where my current Modern Extra is set?

    (We ought to meet up there and have coffee and soak up the ambience... except my deadline is similar to yours, so I guess we'll have to make it a retrospective glass of wine in September *g*)

     
  • At 12:42 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    You can do this, Natasha.
    I have faith.

    I am not speaking about deadlines....

     
  • At 12:03 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Yes please, Cambridge please! Gorgeous piccie too.

     
  • At 12:06 am, Blogger Romance, Rumours and Rogues said…

    Love it!
    Cambridge is gorgeous...

     
  • At 11:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who are you writing this for? I think the Mother's Day Pack might be something my mum would like, too.

     
  • At 1:11 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    This is for M&B. I believe there are going to be three novellas in one 'bigger' book. I know Julia James (Presents/Modern) is one of the other authors ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home