Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Flying Solo ...

Well, Trish has done it. Which is lovely in that it proves my daily word target *is* humanly possible, but it leaves me burning the midnight oil alone.

And tonight is music night. In our house we play piano, cornet, flute, cello, violin and clarinet. In order to simplify the logistics the wind teacher comes to us and his other pupils come here also. Which, for me, means lots and lots of coffee making ....

Oh, and I feel a strange compulsion to tidy the house. Just a bit! And only the bits people see. After all, it seems you have to be a writer with a deadline to truly understand how low a priority a lemon fresh toilet has in the greater scheme of things.

Right, school run and then write ...

There's no earthly reason to have this picture - just cheered me up to see it!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:37 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Is that Hugh Jackman? Jeepers. Are there no hunkiness levels to which the mannot cannot climb?

    I don't even know if the above was grammatically correct, that's how befuzzled that picture made me.

     
  • At 10:08 am, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    Yes, Hugh Jackman! Inspirational don't you think?

     
  • At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you'll make your deadline. You've done it before and you'll do it again.

    Hope you enjoy music night. Our lessons are scattered - me on Tuesday mornings, son on Wednesdays, DH on alternate Fridays, and daughter trying to talk me into teaching her 'five minutes a day'.

     
  • At 5:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You wanted to clean? Have you checked your temperature lately?

    Sounds like a good idea to have the tutor and pupils come to your house. My daughter has recently aquired a guitar (with my money, I might add) and is now asking for lessons. She'd also like a keyboard. Where do they think money comes from? No doubt I'll give in, but not before she's been down on her knees...

     
  • At 5:09 pm, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    It cheered me, too, Natasha -- thanks! Good luck with the deadline.

     
  • At 5:43 pm, Blogger Susan Rix said…

    Thanks Natasha, I badly needed cheering up, and you certainly have a way with pictures ;-)

     
  • At 6:53 am, Blogger Kate Walker said…

    There's no earthly reason to have this picture - just cheered me up to see it!


    And it brightened my morning too

    Hugs on the deadline pressure Natasha - me too! We'll hide in the cave together
    . . . but can we just bring Mr Jackman along??


    I'll trade you Hugh with the hair for the famous Hugh in a towel
    http://kate-walker.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_kate-walker_archive.html


    Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home