Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's all in the eye of the beholder

Like Liz Fielding I'm under pressure to have a worm thing at the side of this blog. Trish and Ally both swear it's 'motivational', but I think I've now proved how entirely pointless it would be. In our word count war Ally is dutifully reporting her word count every evening and I ... am not. Far too humiliating.

Still, today is sunny and I've a clear few hours ahead of me to write. Of course, from 3.25pm it all becomes manic as I swing into 'mummy' mode. Tonight it's five children to flute, clarinet and cornet lessons as appropriate.

But, for now I must concentrate on Domenic - who's the hero of my current wip. I'd show you a picture of him, but I can't because he exists only in my head.

When I began I had him as a kind of Raoul Bova, but ... It's not quite right. Now I think he probably looked like this before the accident and before life made him cynical. Don't know!

Photographs are funny things. It's amazing how different the same person can look from picture to picture. And interesting how subjective it all is. Liz can obviously 'see' something in Juan coming out of the sea, whereas I see a man I wouldn't trust much.


This image of James Penfold is an 'obvious' HR hero to me. In fact, his name is Jamie Mansell ...



But in these two I think he looks vain and I'd want to smack him. Of course, there might to some mileage in that ...

Though, as I tell my sons - physical violence is never okay!

Now, work! This blogging is very distracting ...

2 Comments:

  • At 1:07 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Oh well, Natasha, you've gotta take your inspiration and motviation where you can find it. If the worm doesn't work, then ditch it.

    As to James Penfold - he's miiiine! ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I got that out of my system.

    Now, I had to let you know his HR name is actually James Dillon and he appears, as per the top photo, on my January book MEANT-TO-BE MOTHER.

    And you're right, he would never flick his collar up that way...

     
  • At 7:00 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Natasha, I look at those two pictures of Raoul -- in one he's happy. No story. In the other he looks angry enough to tear the head off a bear and I want to know why.

    And yes, that boxing pose is just that. A pose. (Okay, it's a gorgeous pose but a photograph has to give me more than that.)

    I looked as those counters again yesterday. Even bookmarked the website. But I just know on bad days I'd cheat...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home