Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Friday, May 12, 2006

Under Pressure

There just aren't enough hours in the day.

I'm seriously losing the word count war I entered into with Ally Blake - and I do so love to win. And now, I've been sent the proofs of my February 07 release to check ...

Actually, I quite like reading through proofs. I love the fact that my punctuation is miraculously brilliant (Thank God for copy editors!) and, with the distance of a few weeks, I can really take in what I've written. This book, 'Crowned: An Ordinary Girl', was a difficult book to write so it'll be particularly interesting. Let's hope I can no longer 'feel' the pain!

Who knows it might even make me feel more confident about the book I'm struggling to write now!!

I should have looked at the proofs last night, but I was seduced by Sophie Weston's 'The Cinderella Factor' - and I'm so glad I was. It's a lovely, lovely book. Both Patrick and Jo are deliciously complicated. I also love the bigger-than-usual age gap. Jo is nineteen and Patrick is thirty-four. He's also very sexy indeed. Lovely!

That probably says quite a lot about me when I come to think of it. I've always preferred the 'older' man. Somehow 'boys' my own age seemed a little 'unfinished' ...

Time for the school run.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:33 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    I've bought that book too, Natasha, and as per usual couldn't hep but read the first line to see what I might be in for.

    I'm now two chapters in and have been reading when I should have been preparing for my festival talk today! Oops...

    Isn't she a marvellous storyteller?

     
  • At 1:59 am, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    Gotta love the timing of proofs doncha?! Mine came in for last one in the middle of two week deadline panic for another...

    STOP READING and save them as a treat I say... Though that one would have been a treat and a half...

     
  • At 6:24 am, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    All done! Back to Neroli like the motivated little author I am.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home