Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First you have to find the lady ...

I've just spent far longer than I ought to have done trawling the internet to find a picture of 'my' heroine. It's for a book that won't get written until mid summer - and that's always assuming my editor likes the idea I send her.

To you this may look like a photograph of Rosamund Pike - but to me she's Lady Hermoine Ashmore-Senn. Perfect. It's beyond imagination to think she wouldn't know *exactly* what knife to use.

Caught by surprise at having created a blog in the first place, it didn't even occur to me to show you the heroines I matched with the heroes in my last post. So here they are:

This is Lydia Stanford, the beautiful, courageous, award-winning journalist heroine of 'Millionaire Dad: Wife Needed'. Totally deserving of Nick wouldn't you agree?

There are any number of pictures of Michelle Pfeiffer out there - but not many of Lydia. This photograph is exactly right - beautiful, strong and intelligent.

And this is Eloise Lawton, from 'Ordinary Girl, Society Groom', who is a fashion writer. Think of the UK tv programme 'What Not To Wear' and you've got my starting point.

It was surprisingly difficult to come up with anyone sleekly elegant enough for Eloise - but Jenni Falconer came to my rescue. The ideal heroine to match 'my' Jem.

Actually, I have something in common with Jenni Falconer - we've both been contestants on 'Blind Date'. But that, as they say, is another story ...

1 Comments:

  • At 4:10 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    Going through a bit of a blonde heroine stage are we hun??? Blondes are just the nicest people....

    And we may need to hear the blind date story now.......!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home