Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Blind Date Part Two

Where was I?? Oh, yes, at the moment when I learnt that what sounds fun when surrounded by your girlfriends feels less fun when you're 'alone' in front of a studio audience.

Perched on my stool I asked my questions - and I can honestly say that by the end I'd no idea who'd answered what. I went for Number 3 on the basis that Cilla nudged me every time he spoke. That wasn't so very bright, was it???

However, when I met numbers 1 and 2 I felt instinctively I'd not missed the love-of-my-life, so I was stoically prepared for Giles from London. And we picked our envelope ...

We were going ... cycling in Rotterdam. Which might have been fun, but was less so when we arrived in Rotterdam to find it was a drizzly wet day.

Now, I don't know about you but I don't find cycling and talking in the rain particularly easy. Or 'romantic', actually.

Then came lunch. Imagine, if you will, a table set for two with a single flower in the centre ... Picture, too, a much larger table filled with laughing researchers, photographers, interpreters ... Tell me, which table would you have preferred to sit at? (Really??? Yes, that's what we thought.)

Back in London Giles and I were sat in our respective booths and peppered with questions as to what we'd thought about the other during our 'date'. Having no real idea who Giles was or wasn't - and being a very nice person - I tried my best to be kind. Giles, pretty much, did the same. Truthfully, we'd made a pact! Stupid, but not that stupid ...

So, my Blind Date experience was over - until, six months later.

That's when the 'fun' really started ...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    Well I don't know about everyone else but I can't wait to see what happened six months later....!!!

    So, Giles, cute? Not cute? Tall? You'd think as a romance writer we'd get more detail here....

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    Not in chapter one, Trish!!!!

     
  • At 1:17 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    You're too good at this Natasha, keeping us all on tenterhooks.

    Grrrrrr.....

    But I would have made a pact with Giles that we 'lose' out bikes at the airport. An 'excercise' date? Not my cuppa tea.

     
  • At 7:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are SUCH a tease! (Excellent hook to bring readers back, though *g*)

     
  • At 5:32 pm, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    You've obviously grasped the concept of the "hook", Natasha. I will be back...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home