Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Friday, April 28, 2006

Tales of a misspent youth

Hmmm 'Blind Date' ...

Well, it all began as a joke. Obviously. You know, one of those daft conversations you have with your girlfriends?? I can't remember now how we got hold of an application form, but I do remember filling it out. And I remember the audition - which was immense fun.

Over an entire day we were asked in-depth questions like 'if you were an animal what animal would you be?'. I think I must have stood out as a ten-toed sloth because a couple of days later I had a call to say I was 'in'. And not just 'in', I was a 'picker' and could they have my 'questions please?'.

One girls lunch later we'd come up with some fantastic suggestions ... Within a few days I was in Central London, staying in a great hotel and filming 'Blind Date'. I remember walking out from behind the screen, saying 'hello' to Cilla Black, and thinking 'what an earth am I doing here'???

Oh dear, time for the school run .....

6 Comments:

  • At 1:49 pm, Anonymous Sharon J said…

    You was on Blind Date? Wow! And as the picker! Double Wow! There's almost more fame there than in being a HMB author! It shouldn't be that way, of course. It's all that Cilla's fault.

    But you didn't tell us the outcome. Will that be tomorrow's installment?

     
  • At 1:59 pm, Blogger Natasha said…

    I'm a romance author - I know how to write a hook!

     
  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger Trish said…

    Yeah I ABSOLUTELY need to know too - and if you don't tell on here I shall get you sozzled in London in Sept, make you tell and then tell everyone myself....

     
  • At 6:31 am, Blogger allyblake said…

    More please!

    After after you sat on the chair?

     
  • At 7:54 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Trish Wiley will get you into all kinds of trouble, Natasha! And like everyone else, I can't wait for the next BD instalment.

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Anonymous Kate Hardy said…

    I'm with Trish on this. We need to know. And we can both prop you against the bar and make you drink wine until you tell us *g*

    Welcome to blogging. Trust me, it's fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home