Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Friday, April 28, 2006

Tales of a misspent youth

Hmmm 'Blind Date' ...

Well, it all began as a joke. Obviously. You know, one of those daft conversations you have with your girlfriends?? I can't remember now how we got hold of an application form, but I do remember filling it out. And I remember the audition - which was immense fun.

Over an entire day we were asked in-depth questions like 'if you were an animal what animal would you be?'. I think I must have stood out as a ten-toed sloth because a couple of days later I had a call to say I was 'in'. And not just 'in', I was a 'picker' and could they have my 'questions please?'.

One girls lunch later we'd come up with some fantastic suggestions ... Within a few days I was in Central London, staying in a great hotel and filming 'Blind Date'. I remember walking out from behind the screen, saying 'hello' to Cilla Black, and thinking 'what an earth am I doing here'???

Oh dear, time for the school run .....

6 Comments:

  • At 1:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You was on Blind Date? Wow! And as the picker! Double Wow! There's almost more fame there than in being a HMB author! It shouldn't be that way, of course. It's all that Cilla's fault.

    But you didn't tell us the outcome. Will that be tomorrow's installment?

     
  • At 1:59 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    I'm a romance author - I know how to write a hook!

     
  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    Yeah I ABSOLUTELY need to know too - and if you don't tell on here I shall get you sozzled in London in Sept, make you tell and then tell everyone myself....

     
  • At 6:31 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    More please!

    After after you sat on the chair?

     
  • At 7:54 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Trish Wiley will get you into all kinds of trouble, Natasha! And like everyone else, I can't wait for the next BD instalment.

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with Trish on this. We need to know. And we can both prop you against the bar and make you drink wine until you tell us *g*

    Welcome to blogging. Trust me, it's fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home