Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Friday, October 03, 2008

Looking a bit different!

So what do you think of the new decor? Not quite finished yet - I do have a book to write (and so does Ally) but the website transformation is coming along beautifully, don't you think? I reckon I still have a bit of time before January, when 'Cinderella and the Sheikh' is released in NA and UK.

Meanwhile, my floor continues to be a disaster.
India Grey's builders have become 'almost family' but I've got to try and lure mine back so they can dig up my kitchen! Long story!! Whilst I'm waiting for someone to do something other than suck in air and shake their head, my furniture is still piled up in the sitting room - although I have managed to position a sofa so it might be sat on about two feet from where the TV is stored - and I'm without a washing machine.

Perfect time to disappear into a fictional world, wouldn't you say? And my deadline is looming. WHY do deadlines always do that?

Procrastination has struck. A momentary lapse and I've bought a Portmeirion teapot. Having been exclusively 'white' for the longest time I appear to have taken a more colourful turn and I'm now nervous about the decision. What do you think? Kind of reminds me of my spirograph pictures back in the seventies ...

And, then, if the teapot is right I really need the teatowels and one of the storage pots ....

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 12:30 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    It is a lovely new look.

    Have you ever been to Portmerion? It was the backdrop for The Prisoner and Noel Coward wrote Indecrete thre (or at least he did wrte some play there) It has wonderfully strange perspectives.

    My builders should be starting soon. They measured up this week. And have promised to bring the scaffoldong by.

     
  • At 12:38 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    Do you know I haven't been to Portmeirion. I really should.

    We've just finished your honey, btw. It was lovely - tell your bees!!!

     
  • At 1:14 pm, Blogger Kate Hardy said…

    Lovely new look, Natasha. And LOL on Spirograph. I know you're about the same age as me - so did you have a Katie Copycat as well?

    Best of luck with the floor. And isn't it a pain, having to chase people? (Am going to get quite grumpy with my insurance company, next week - does it really take a week to make a "to scavel or not to scavel" decision?)

     
  • At 10:23 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    I love the teapot! And keep meaning to go to Portmeirion which isn't very far away. Maybe next year...

    I like the new look, too. It's like changing furniture around. Makes everything seem new. Although mentioning furniture may not be exactly tactful. I hope things improve very soon.

     
  • At 8:50 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ooh-er missis, I like the new look very much. And the new teapot. Which is bad because now I am wanting to change my own website and drink lots of tea and what I should be doing is fighting my deadline demons.

    Shall blame you when it all goes horribly wrong.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home