Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Look what I've found

Anyone else watching Francesco da Mosto's 'Mediterranean Voyage'? I'm loving it.

And, of course, I've already talked about the weakness I have for Francesco on the
Pink Heart Society blog. It would seem, however, I'm fickle. The CAPTAIN! (I'm sorry, did you catch me drooling there?)



That's Captain Giulio Maresca. What's more if you google 'Black Swan' you find this:



You can hire the boat - AND the captain. Oh joy! Go
see. Not exactly roughing it at sea, are they?

So, what d'you reckon, romance authors? A research trip in the West Mediterranean beckoning????

Now I really do need to go and wash my hair. It seems the least I can do since I've got to do this library talk this evening and must leave my cupboard. I don't get out often!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 11:35 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    Yes, I should have known that you were drooling over the captain as I have been. He just is.
    It is mandatory television watching. By why are they not doing it in hour segments? It is one of the best things on television at the moment...
    I shall now have to find the Black swan. Sigh.

     
  • At 12:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am lost for words over this little piece of heaven twice a week. Francesco, the indescribably gorgeous Captain, the crew (and their tattoos)-yes, yes, YES!!!

    I want to go to every single place they've visited so far. Anyone want to borrow my children for a few weeks?

    Did you notice how shy and giggly Francesco was with the statuesque beauty queen? So glad he realises his wife is going to kill him when he gets back!

    I'm recording the entire series to get me through the winter.

    Love,
    Rach.xxx

     
  • At 12:28 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    He WAS shy, wasn't he! Lovely.

    As was our Captain Giulio showing his Popeye-the-sailor-man tattoo. What can I say, just a really good idea.

    Rachel, I think you are right in thinking we shouldn't take the children. I don't want my boys knowing I'm thinking anything like I'm thinking ...

     
  • At 6:21 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    Oh, yes...

    The first time I set eyes on Capt Giulio I knew romance authors all over the UK going weak at the knees. And we could hire him for a research trip?

    Pardon me while I swoon...

     
  • At 4:45 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    Yes, we can - but he's very expensive even if we club together. I do think it might help the muse alone beautifully though. Whats more, if we all produce a book inspired by him it might take the idea of a 'continuity series' into an entirely new area ...

     
  • At 9:36 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    I've been hunting for a picture of him -- the beeb is very sparse on details of the series. Maybe I'll have to buy the book?

     
  • At 1:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Buy the DVD and you can drool over the captain frame by frame. He's gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home