Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy St George's Day



Today is St George's Day but, unlike pretty much everywhere else, here in England we don't have a public holiday for our national saint. There's a bit of a campaign going on about that at the moment. :)

Locally we do our bit. In fact, the largest St George's Day celebrations in the country are held each year at a place called Wrest Park which is down the road. If it's not raining I'll go and bring you back pictures ...

I know. No stamina!

Meanwhile, if you are based in the UK you have to go read today's post over at the Pink Heart Society. We've been asked to help with a hugely exciting project. Here's a taster of what you'll find there.

Hi there, my name’s Julie. I’m a documentary maker and a fan of romantic fiction. I want to make a warm, intelligent documentary that celebrates the Mills & Boon publishing phenomenon in the year of its centenary. I want the film to take us into the personal worlds of Mills & Boon novelists and avid readers, to uncover the secrets of Mills & Boon’s enduring success and find answers to the perennial question ‘What do women really want ?!?!’.

I’m at the very early stages of research and at this point I’m very keen to chat to avid fans of Mills & Boon novels, to hear what it is about the books that they love so much. I would also really love to hear from Mills & Boon novelists, to learn more about their lives & writing. I had a really exciting and inspiring meeting with Kate Walker last week and she very kindly offered to make this posting on my behalf. So please do get in touch if you would be willing to talk. All discussion at this point would be off-camera and you’d be under no obligation to appear in the final documentary.

I look forward to hearing from you and telling you more about my project.

All the best
Julie Moggan
juliemoggan@yahoo.com


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home