Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Friday, November 10, 2006

Back at the keyboard ..

Finally, I'm back at work on my latest WIP!!!

I've had a good day of it. Even though I thought I was too busy to give my characters any consideration at all I find I've had them fermenting in my subconscious. And I like them! Always good!!!

All told I'm feeling quite bouyant. My mum is feeling much better after a blood transfusion and only felt unwell for one day after her chemo. My husband's cancer is stable and doesn't require any treatment. In fact, the next scan isn't until June.

Which means I need to get my head down and continue with book I left in limbo. I'm not sure I really like breaking off mid-book. I know some authors say you return to it with fresh eyes but it feels a lot like having dropped my knitting to me! Lots of little thoughts I know I had are just sitting at the edge of my consciousness and refusing to come back in to focus. I'm sure they will if I relax and let it happen.

I've also been really encouraged today to learn that the first four titles of the newly rebranded 'Romance' line sold incredibly well. It's something like a 32% uplift from the previous month. Of course I'm particularly excited because my 'Accepting The Boss's Proposal' was in that initial line-up - but it's also fantastic news for the future of 'traditional' romance.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad things are shaping up to be a bit better for you. Excellent news on the sales, too.

     
  • At 8:24 am, Blogger Fiona Harper said…

    So glad life seems to be on the up for the moment, Natasha.

     
  • At 11:40 am, Blogger Susan Rix said…

    Welcome back, Natasha!
    So glad that things are looking up.
    Sue :-)

     
  • At 9:23 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    So happy you are back.

    I am sure the words will flow!

     
  • At 4:02 pm, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    I'm so pleased that things are more stable at the moment, Natasha. And equally thrilled with the good news about the September books, since I was out there, too.

    The October Romances were completely sold out in Carmarthen, too, so let's hope we've reconnected with a lot of readers who'd forgotten just how good the books are :)

     
  • At 4:04 pm, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    PS Did I tell you just how much I LOVED the end of Accepting the Boss's Proposal?

     
  • At 12:05 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Yay Natasha!!! The spirit in your 'voice' sounds fabulous! Lovely news about your mum and your hubby both.

    And I looooved Accepting the Boss's Proposal too. An absolute keeper.

    Ally

     

Post a Comment

<< Home