Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Glamorous Life of an Author

No, really! Sometimes, not so often I admit, but sometimes it really is glamorous. Wednesday saw me don my best clothes and take the train to beautiful Richmond where the Harlequin M&B editorial team are based. It's always a little dangerous because you emerge from Richmond Station and are immediately plunged into shopping paradise. I suspect it's a cunning plan by the editors to keep up all so in debt that we're truly motivated to write another book!

This year my editor and I took a short stroll to the newly opened Fishworks.

Over the most incredible seafood I think I've ever eaten we discussed my career to date and what's planned for next year. I've come home very fired up with ideas swirling about in my head.

Yesterday it was back to London again. This year Mills & Boon held their 'Celebratory Toast' at The Oriental Club in Stratford Place. I love seeing inside all these amazing places. The Oriental Club is tucked behind Oxford Circus. How amazing is that!

Apart from it being nice to catch up with author friends it wt was wonderful to hear how well Niroli is selling. Everyone seems to be very excited about it. The box sets have been the biggest seller on the M&B site EVER. My 'The Tycoon's Princess Bride' will hit the selves at the beginning of October.

Trish Wylie has to fly back to Ireland today so that's all the blogging I intend to do. We are going to make the most of the last of the summer sunshine, sit in a quiet cafe and put the world to rights.

But before I sign off I have to give my gift to the little jumping man.

The Pink Heart Society is celebrating the first anniversary of its launch this month and to mark the occasion we're giving away the largest bundle of goodies ever. Writer of fiction I might be but there isn't a word of exaggeration when I tell you the prize is absolutely fantastic. To be in with a chance of winning you have to follow the Treasure Hunt and make a note of all the presents given to our birthday boy.

So here's mine:

He's been a bit over-excited with all the attention so I'm going to settle him down with something soothing.




A Hot Pink Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Tequila Rose
Hot Chocolate
Whipped Cream

Fill with hot chocolate and top with whipped cream. Serve in coffee cup.

And don't worry about the alcohol content because pink hearts age differently from the rest of us!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:44 pm, Blogger peggy said…

    oh that sounds so good.
    a toast to the the birthday boy
    wishing you many more years.
    (b h s )

    peggy

     
  • At 5:15 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    tequila in hot chocolate? Really? Hmmm...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home