Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

And the Winner .......

The Pink Heart Society annual Hugh Jackman tour was great fun. If you missed the main event pop over here and find all the links posted for some wonderful pictures. Much though it pains me to say it I think this is my favourite:



I reckon the honours for that have to be shared between Michelle Styles, who found it, and Julie Cohen, who posted it. I suppose some credit also ought to go to the photographer ... and maybe a bit to Hugh's parents. :)

Today at the Pink Heart Society we're beginning the massive Birthday Treasure Hunt. The hamper prize is utterly droolworthy. Time to go play!

Well, for you. I'm not allowed to win it and I must make myself sit down to my copy-edits. So far I've discovered my delinquent teenager is no longer allowed to say 'It's pissing down out here'. Gone with a flick of the editorial pen and replaced by 'pouring'. Accurate but not particularly mouthy is it? Is 'pissing' particularly offensive????

Anyway, 'tis gone. Ever onwards ...

PS - For Trish who appears to have entered into a war of the Jackman YouTubes. I see yours and I up you with this!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 1:08 pm, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    LOL

    I put the url where I found the photos on the PHS comments.

    There is one of him in shades on a motorcycle.

    Pissing v pouring. It doesn't have the same ring does it. The ways of copy editors are truly bizarre.

     
  • At 1:59 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    Well thanks to the tou yesterday I've re-cast as Hugh for my next Romance... Second time lucky???

     
  • At 2:14 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    O-okay I'd already found this one and although there are several *nice* shots in there I still think mine is better!!!

    But then I would wouldn't I? AND I managed to NOT STOOP so low as to put his BUM on my blog...

     
  • At 4:25 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    And THIS from the girl who supported her choice of the 'upside down picture' by saying it was all about imagining him on a pillow next to her?????

    First off, I would like to say I wouldn't stoop so low as to use that three letter word on anyone's blog! Buttocks please! :)

    And secondly, this ART. I see this very sculturally. More like a bronze.

     
  • At 2:33 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    That was my vote for the winner, too!

     
  • At 1:22 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Ha! Not so sure about the soundtrack though. And yes, the naked shots were just playing dirty Natasha!

    My winner was the very first one on the PHS blog itself. Grabbed me in all the right places.

    A

     
  • At 7:22 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    My next heroine had her mouth washed out by editorial, too, Natasha. The hero wasn't "bloody" gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Not so bad. I hate it when a particularly telling phrase is reduced to the mundane in copy editing. To something that just doesn't ring true.

    I think the secret is to find something offbeam enough to fit but doesn't flag up the editorial "potty mouth" alert, but it ain't easy :)

    "...chucking it down..."?

    Liz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home