Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Yipidee Do Dah!

It's been a long time since I did this. I'm nearly back. Promise. Just the small matter of a book to finish before I'm allowed to! (Editors are sooo demanding.)

Meanwhile, I've had some good news.

I came home yesterday to find a message on my answerphone saying that 'Accepting The Boss's Proposal' is a finalist for the Holt Medallion Award.

Such a nice message to come home to!! And I've not deleted it yet so can play it over and over. I know the English accent does all kinds of funny things to American ears but it's entirely mutual. How *do* you make 'category' take that long to say????

'Accepting The Boss's Proposal' is turning out to be a very 'lucky' book as it's also finalled in the Romantic Novelists' Association Romance Prize. On the whole I'd say my first year of competition entering is going quite well!

Writing buddy Trish Wylie has also finalled in the HOLT with her wonderful 'Project: Parenthood'. BTW do pop over to her revamped and beautifully shiny website. She's between books and has been very ... er ... helpfully putting together a hero database. Not that I'm looking, of course, I've got a book to finish ....

Oh and do go read all about the preparations for the Romantic Novelists' Association Award Lunch at the Savoy over at eHarlequin. I'm blogging there soon but have really got to keep my nose to the grindstone and catch up on my writing proper.

I'll be back as soon as I've written this hero of mine into shape!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 7:16 am, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    How lovely to see you back, Natasha. Many, many congratulations. ATBP is such a lovely book, I fully expected it to do the hat trick, but this is terrific news.

    Hope you have a happy and peaceful Easter.

     
  • At 8:41 am, Blogger Ally Blake said…

    Adored that book to absolute bits so am not at al surprised. Wholly deserved. Good luck to you and to Trish!!!

    Ally

     
  • At 9:17 am, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    I most sincerely hope you had wine to celebrate!!!! AND the wine will have helped with the wordcount too....

    See????? It was worth all that back and forth between us working out how to enter the things, wasn't it???

     
  • At 1:59 pm, Blogger Susan Rix said…

    Great to see you back, Natasha.

    CONGRATULATIONS with being a finalist for ATBP - and to Trish too.

    Gray's also asked me to pass on his Congrats too - ATBP is the first of the Romance series he's read and he LOVED it (I've now got a huge pile of 'must-reads' for him to read!).

    It's so wonderful to see great writers from this side of the pond being recognised - especially with books from the Romance line. I LOVE this genre!!!!

    Best wishes for being a RNA finalist too!!!

    Oh, and good luck with finishing your current book.

    Love,
    Sue :-)

     
  • At 11:28 pm, Blogger Romance, Rumours and Rogues said…

    Huge congrats, Natasha :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home