Natasha Oakley - British Romance Author

Writer of tug-at-the-heartstrings, feel-good romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Anniversaries and new beginnings ...

Missed me???

I'm just about holding my head up out of the water now. My husband is now halfway through his chemo and coping well. Hopefully it's working well. We'll find that out at the next scan which is looming close. Meanwhile I'm getting used to having him about the house. Love him as I do it's still an adjustment. He's sooooooo noisy. It seems wherever he's been he leaves a radio on, the TV, something! Has anyone else got one like that???

So things are settling into some kind of a pattern. Not great but ... doable. I reckon that's the best word to describe what's going on with us. And the children are fantastic. Messy but fantastic. (I actually found a used yoghurt pot beside the sofa this morning. Mothers everywhere please join me in a corporate howl of outrage!)

I've decided this is the day to re-start my blog. The 1st of September seemed an auspicous choice because this was the day we launched The Pink Heart Society - a blog in praise of category fiction. We being Trish Wylie, Ally Blake and Nicola Marsh. It's been such fun and hugely successful. So much so, in fact, we had to find ourselves another editor to share the workload. We four became five with the addition of Jenna Bayley-Burke.

Can you believe The Pink Heart Society has been going a whole year?




We begin our second year with the addition of some columnists. We've been so snowed under of late. So Annie West, Anne McAllister, Kate Walker, Samantha Hunter and Fiona Harper have come to help. Should be fun shouldn't it!

The whole of September is given over to celebrations and you should just see the hamper we're putting together. It's droolworthy.


Come and play.

Right now I've got copy edits I should be doing for 'Wanted: White Wedding', a Sheikh story to finish but I'm not doing either. Instead I'm about to hunt around for the perfect Hugh Jackman picture. There's a reason for that but you'll have to come back on Monday to find out what it was.

It's nice to be back!

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • At 10:06 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    BOUT FLIPPING TIME!!!

    And there's NO WAY that cake is enough for EVERYONE...

    WELCOME BACK - WE'VE MISSED YOU!

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger Natasha Oakley said…

    LOL

    Can you tell she's been nagging? Apart from the PHS celebrations I decided I might as well make some blog-time since Trish is about to come for a visit and I'm saving all my ironing for her!

     
  • At 10:19 pm, Blogger Trish Wylie said…

    *cant type for laughing!!!!!*

     
  • At 5:56 am, Blogger Michelle Styles said…

    Hooray that you feel able to blog!

    It is not yogurt pots but used cereal bowls left in odd places that is currently invoking motherly ire.

     
  • At 8:21 am, Blogger Kate Walker said…

    Welcome back Natasha !

    Ir's wonderful to have you back. You've been missed.

    And mega-mega-congratulations on that RT Top Pick for The Tycoon's Princess Bride - can't wait to read that - I just ordered my copy.

    Noisy husbands - tell me about it!

    Love

    Kate

     
  • At 3:11 pm, Blogger Jennifer Lewis said…

    My DH just told me his company wants him to work from home all the time. Picture my heart sinking! Now if I feel like eating an entire chocolate bar at once or taking a nap in the middle of the day, there will be a witness... I hope the chemo is doing its job well. Congrats again on the awesome top pick!

    jen

     
  • At 6:57 pm, Blogger Laura Vivanco said…

    I'm glad you're back, Natasha, and I hope things continue to improve in the future.

     
  • At 10:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its great to have you back Natasha! Hoping for the best for you all. I dont have the noise problem with DH. He's very quiet if anything but I still know where he's been in the house coz he's like Hansel... leaving crumbs everywhere :p

     
  • At 1:30 pm, Blogger Kate Hardy said…

    Welcome back :o)

    And yay for you on the RT news.

     
  • At 10:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your RT Top Pick, Natasha.

    Picturing Trish tackling your ironing pile. Mwahahaha.

    Jennie

     
  • At 5:35 pm, Blogger Liz Fielding said…

    It's great to have you back, Natasha. And yes, I've got one of the noisy ones -- it doesn't help that he's a bit Mutt & Jeff -- but at least I can escape to the Snap & Scribble -- although he will follow and use the Snap part. I always turn the sound off on all my computers -- he sits and watches loud movies on his!

    Liz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home